“I had expected to continue racing with the fine people of Andretti Autosport in the coming years,” Grosjean said in the statement. “I am disappointed that is not being fulfilled, and wish Andretti team members well.
“I have commenced an arbitration proceeding in Indiana against Andretti Autosport, seeking to protect my rights. I am represented by John Maley and Mark Owens of Barnes & Thornburg, LLP.”
Grosjean told NBC Sports last month that he would not return to Andretti, saying “I cannot speak for what Michael Andretti is doing with the fourth car, but I do have other IndyCar teams that are talking to me. I will land on my feet.”
Grosjean said he is in talks with other teams, writing “I am pursuing other options to continue my IndyCar career in pursuit of excellence.”
The 37-year-old earned two podium finishes and two poles in his third season in the NTT IndyCar Series, with a pair of runner-up finishes at Long Beach and Birmingham. Grosjean moved over to IndyCar in 2021 after 10 seasons in Formula 1, where he earned 10 podium finishes.
About the author
Luken Glover arrived on the Frontstretch scene in 2020. He has been an avid NASCAR fan for the majority of his life, following in the footsteps of his grandfather, who used to help former team owner Junie Donlavey in his garage. Glover covers news for the site and took over "The Underdog House" column in 2021. In addition to being a college junior, his hobbies include volunteering at church, playing basketball and tennis, racing go-karts, and helping at his high school alma mater.
A daily email update (Monday through Friday) providing racing news, commentary, features, and information from Frontstretch.com
We hate spam. Your email address will not be sold or shared with anyone else.