In honor of this off week, Amy Henderson led our staff in collecting five classic NASCAR moments that left us laughing. It’s driver personalities on display with the type of fun that keeps fans coming back to watch every week.
1. Let’s start this off with some butt cheeks. Here, Tony Stewart walks up behind Kevin Harvick during a rain delay at Darlington back in 2006 and grabs him in the tuchis. You hear a “woo” sound, then a burst of laughter. Stewart looks hilarious here. –Phil Allaway
2. Any Ward Burton moment ever. Ward was truly one of the funniest characters NASCAR has ever seen. NASCAR needs another Ward Burton. –Michael Massie
3. How about the time when Jimmy Spencer had a slip of the tongue on NASCAR Victory Lane, and Jimmie Johnson backs in the bus and throws him under it? This video version isn’t great, but you can clearly hear the question Spencer accidentally asks. And while Johnson knew what he meant and could have answered it like nothing happened, he didn’t. –Amy Henderson
4. It has to be the big orange. –Toni Montgomery
5. John Wes Townley vs. Spencer Gallagher. The lamest fight, not only in NASCAR history, but maybe the history of the world. Cale Yarborough could beat these two right now, at 78 years old, with a blindfold and his arms tied around his back. –Michael Massie
About the author
The Frontstretch Staff is made up of a group of talented men and women spread out all over the United States and Canada. Residing in 15 states throughout the country, plus Ontario, and widely ranging in age, the staff showcases a wide variety of diverse opinions that will keep you coming back for more week in and week out.
A daily email update (Monday through Friday) providing racing news, commentary, features, and information from Frontstretch.com
We hate spam. Your email address will not be sold or shared with anyone else.