CFH Racing (the newly merged teams of Ed Carpenter Racing and Sarah Fisher Hartman Racing) says that road course ace Mike Conway will not return to the team next season. Conway split the season with Ed Carpenter, manning the car for all road and street courses while Carpenter piloted on the ovals. The duo combined for three wins in 2014 in the No. 20 Fuzzy’s Ultra Premium Vodka car.
Conway was also under contract with Toyota in the World Endurance Championship and the manufacturer opted to exercise its option on the contract, limiting Conway’s availability to also run in the Verizon IndyCar Series.
The team once again intends to run the car with two drivers so the new driver would run all the road/street course races in tandem with Carpenter who will run the ovals. They hope to announce a replacement within the next month.
“Just when we think we have (a list) narrowed we get a call from someone who is intriguing,” said Carpenter. “That is the difficult part about it. It went so well with Mike last year. Now it’s about bringing someone in who is going to help the team.”
The merged operation will field two full-time entries, with the other car being driven by Josef Newgarden in all events.
A daily email update (Monday through Friday) providing racing news, commentary, features, and information from Frontstretch.com
We hate spam. Your email address will not be sold or shared with anyone else.