10. Our own Jeff Meyer has become an old man and a grandpa three times over. (It’s true!)
9. MLK’s dream came to fruition with the election of President Obama.
8. Controversy arose when NASCAR didn’t throw a caution for the huge oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico.
7. NASCAR undertook campaign to trim back obnoxious shrubbery.
6. NASCAR seriously considered fan vote for the championship in an attempt to boost ratings.
5. SPEED debuted soap opera As the Jeremy Burns, which runs for three seas … oh, wait, that wasn’t a TV drama.
4. Joey Logano drank his first legal beer; no longer needs the “special” pole banner.
3. Half of “Junior Nation” turned 40.
2. Heck, Junior almost turned 40 himself!
1. The Cubs won the World Seri … no, I guess it hasn’t been THAT long!
About the author
The Frontstretch Staff is made up of a group of talented men and women spread out all over the United States and Canada. Residing in 15 states throughout the country, plus Ontario, and widely ranging in age, the staff showcases a wide variety of diverse opinions that will keep you coming back for more week in and week out.
A daily email update (Monday through Friday) providing racing news, commentary, features, and information from Frontstretch.com
We hate spam. Your email address will not be sold or shared with anyone else.