10. Entire pit crew kidnapped by space aliens mid-race.
9. In a fit of rage, Kurt Busch slugs him after mistaking him for a reporter.
8. DuPont sponsorship replaced by Planter’s Peanuts; contract requires the No. 24 Chevy to be painted bright green. New contract also requires Jeff to wear the “Mr. Peanut” suit (complete with top hat and monocle).
7. Overheard on flight recorder by airport control near Pocono: “%$#%^!! I hope that piano doesn’t land on anything important!”
6. From a clear blue sky, a bolt of lightning sets his car on fire on the starting grid.
5. Discovers too late that the Porta-potty he visited pre-race has a sticky latch on the door.
4. “And in a stunning turn of events, a giant sink hole has opened up on the backstretch, bringing out the red flag! We’ll hear more from Jeff Gordon, who was leading when the hole opened up … uh, oh, what happened to Jeff Gordon? Does anyone see the No. 24?”
3. Kurt Busch still somehow finds a way to beat him in Pocono.
2. Four-leaf clover found in Gordon’s car inexplicably confiscated as part of NASCAR’s drug testing policy.
1. Rabbit missing a foot files lawsuit to get it back … and wins.
About the author
The Frontstretch Staff is made up of a group of talented men and women spread out all over the United States and Canada. Residing in 15 states throughout the country, plus Ontario, and widely ranging in age, the staff showcases a wide variety of diverse opinions that will keep you coming back for more week in and week out.
A daily email update (Monday through Friday) providing racing news, commentary, features, and information from Frontstretch.com
We hate spam. Your email address will not be sold or shared with anyone else.