10. Realized that a MWR Cup ride is a lateral move at best, compared to a RCR Nationwide ride (‘Bird in the hand’ so to speak).
9. Had brother Hermie and friend Ward Burton handling the negotiations and even Mikey got frustrated and tired of saying “What?”
8. He rarely won in Roberts Yates’s equipment in Cup. MWR stuff? Really?!
7. Insisted on having a special pouch made for his cellphone in the racecar a la Brad Keselowski, but it would have put the No. 55 team over budget.
6. Simply couldn’t fit in Mark Martin’s seat.
5. Let alone fill Martin’s shoes!
4. Forgot to have his wife sign a permission slip
3. Turns out, Danica Patrick was scheduled to run those same five races and seeing as how she is now full time in NNS, he’s had it “up to here” with women drivers.
2. Now that he’s gotten a taste of winning again, he doesn’t want to spoil it.
1. Just remembered that his favorite song is “I Can’t Drive 55!” By Sammy Hagar
About the author
The Frontstretch Staff is made up of a group of talented men and women spread out all over the United States and Canada. Residing in 15 states throughout the country, plus Ontario, and widely ranging in age, the staff showcases a wide variety of diverse opinions that will keep you coming back for more week in and week out.
A daily email update (Monday through Friday) providing racing news, commentary, features, and information from Frontstretch.com
We hate spam. Your email address will not be sold or shared with anyone else.