10. Home Depot really needed Joey Logano to win a race.
9. NASCAR looked at the schedule and decided there weren’t enough 1.5-mile racetracks. And since they are called “cookie” cutters… who doesn’t like cookies!
8. Brian France figured he could stick it to the folks at Indianapolis even more by taking their fans away.
7. Only a state without a stock car race would pay the exorbitant sanctioning fees that NASCAR wanted.
6. Bruton sent Brian France authentic Kentucky bourbon as a bribe.
5. NASCAR is trying to get their appeal to the redneck demographic back up.
4. Even Brian France had to admit racing at California was the worst thing the schedule had to offer.
3. Just another trial balloon to see if rural race tracks will work before they give a date to Iowa.
2. Another way to ensure a Cup race would not return to Rockingham or North Wilkesboro any time soon.
1. After two weeks of beatin’, bangin’, mayhem, chaos and racing, it’s time to get back to our roots of calm, orderly, processional, single-file competition at a snoozer of a racetrack.
About the author
The Frontstretch Staff is made up of a group of talented men and women spread out all over the United States and Canada. Residing in 15 states throughout the country, plus Ontario, and widely ranging in age, the staff showcases a wide variety of diverse opinions that will keep you coming back for more week in and week out.
A daily email update (Monday through Friday) providing racing news, commentary, features, and information from Frontstretch.com
We hate spam. Your email address will not be sold or shared with anyone else.