10. Missing seven races may have played a factor.
9. He is preemptively protesting the fall Phoenix race because of Arizona’s new immigration law.
8. A marketing exec had a “Cialis vs. ExtenZe” rookie ad campaign all planned out, but Terry couldn’t get paid enough money to bring himself to do it.
7. JJ Yeley showed up at the Whitney Motorsports race shop packing heat.
6. Thought time would be better spent doing the books for Kyle Busch Motorsports.
5. After both of his cars DNQ’d last week at Richmond, Phil Parsons made Cook an offer he couldn’t refuse.
4. Cook has been watching Cup races on TV his whole life, and could never park the car in the garage fast enough to turn them on in time.
3. Had to run a whole 50 laps before parking, instead of the one-and-done performance he was used to in the Nationwide Series. What hard work!
1. The fear of losing the Rookie of the Year title to Kevin Friggin’ Conway was stomach-turning.
About the author
The Frontstretch Staff is made up of a group of talented men and women spread out all over the United States and Canada. Residing in 15 states throughout the country, plus Ontario, and widely ranging in age, the staff showcases a wide variety of diverse opinions that will keep you coming back for more week in and week out.
A daily email update (Monday through Friday) providing racing news, commentary, features, and information from Frontstretch.com
We hate spam. Your email address will not be sold or shared with anyone else.