10. (Someone from the No. 48 team): “…but all we gotta do is be in at least 12th by race 26 – right?”
9. Chad Knaus: “I do my best work when I’m not allowed at the track.”
8. (Someone from the No. 24 team): “Well, we hired this new kid, see – Shane Hmiel, I think his name was – to work on the suspension.”
7. Jimmie Johnson: “I’m the reigning back-to-back champion. You’ll have to ask my agent.”
6. Dale Earnhardt Jr.: “I, uh, I wuz runnin’ pretty goo, girls! SSSHHHH! Stop it! Hold on a minute, can’t you see they are asking me a question, I, uh, what was the question again?”
5. Johnson: “My agent just told me that Brian France told him that we, the reigning back-to-back champions, were to give the other cars a chance.”
4. Junior (looking back over his shoulder at Jimmy and Jeff): “Well, I don’t know ’bout the rest of y’all, but hell, I wuz up front most of the day and I never saw any teammates in my rearview mirror, ‘cept my bud Casey here.”
3. Casey Mears (leaning over and whispering to Jr.): “Ha, Ha! Welcome to my world, buddy! At least I ain’t the only red-headed stepchild ’round here no more!”
2. Junior (waving a pair of checkered flags): “Hey, boys! Look what I found this past week! How many y’all got? What’s that? I can’t heeeaaaar you.”
1. Steve Letarte (mumbling to himself): “Damnit! I know better than to patch her call through to Jeff on the radio! Jeffy, we need more diapers, NOW.”
About the author
The Frontstretch Staff is made up of a group of talented men and women spread out all over the United States and Canada. Residing in 15 states throughout the country, plus Ontario, and widely ranging in age, the staff showcases a wide variety of diverse opinions that will keep you coming back for more week in and week out.
A daily email update (Monday through Friday) providing racing news, commentary, features, and information from Frontstretch.com
We hate spam. Your email address will not be sold or shared with anyone else.