10. Mark Martin: “I didn’t HAVE to win one, I get in the Shootout forever-which is handy, ’cause that’s how long I’m gonna race!”
9. Robby Gordon: “Pole? I thought they said HOLE! I went off-road racing so much I thought I should avoid that…”
8. Clint Bowyer: “They gave all the fast cars to Jeff Burton and Kevin Harvick.”
7. Dale Earnhardt Jr.: “Yeah, yeah. It was – wait, I can’t blame the crew chief anymore, uh, at least I am popular!”
6. Sterling Marlin: Poles? I’m lucky I made all the races!
5. Ward Burton: “I always have the pole. It is in the bed of my truck beside the tackle box and bait.”
4. Martin Truex Jr.: “Like, What was the question? Sorry, I had to go to the bathroom…”
3. David Gilliland: “No really people, I DID win a pole in ’06. Seriously!”
2. Matt Kenseth: “At least I run up front when it COUNTS!”
1. Tony Stewart: “I would have won the pole for the Pepsi 400 but Boris Said beat me by a hair.”
About the author
The Frontstretch Staff is made up of a group of talented men and women spread out all over the United States and Canada. Residing in 15 states throughout the country, plus Ontario, and widely ranging in age, the staff showcases a wide variety of diverse opinions that will keep you coming back for more week in and week out.
A daily email update (Monday through Friday) providing racing news, commentary, features, and information from Frontstretch.com
We hate spam. Your email address will not be sold or shared with anyone else.