9. The No. 88 team honestly thought the top 20 made the Chase, failing to realize the newest Dale Earnhardt Jr. rule doesn’t go into effect until 2011.
15. Jeff Gordon never worked in a Chinese sweat shop.
6. “I just mixed cold medicine and Adderall. I hope NASCAR doesn’t test me!”
4. They got tired of NASCAR officials scrutinizing their car every week for an “oversized driveshaft.”
10. Overcompensate from the fuel-saving move he made at Sonoma in June by over-revving the engine on caution laps and jumping the flag on the restart.
10. Jack Roush
7. “It’s frustrating as hell, but NASCAR has to do it to make it a good show for the fans.”
10. Global warming, for causing all those cars to release steam and smoke into the St. Louis atmosphere.
1. Juan Montoya always wins!
10. A two-souvenir minimum for entrance to any NASCAR event, helping bolster the struggling Motorsports Authentics business.
10. Brad Parrott The name on the uniform wouldn’t have to be changed.
10. Co-sponsor Kleenex was filming an in-car commercial to show how effective its product is on tears.