10. With so few cautions this season drivers have simply forgotten proper pitting procedures under yellow.
9. Track maintenance crew forgot to spray that pesky beehive someone spotted along pit road.
8. Too much pre-race Red Bull.
7. Drivers neglected to practice pit entrance on iRacing the night before the race.
6. Thin mountain air didn’t slow cars enough.
5. Kurt Busch found hiding behind pit box at end of pit road using mirror to reflect sun into other drivers’ eyes.
4. Confused spotters still looking for turn 4 routinely forgot to remind drivers of the correct rpms on pit road.
3. “I’m sorry, NASCAR, but I really needed a pit stop of my own!”
2. Drivers trying to tweet to #NASCAR leaving pit road were too distracted to watch their tachs.
1. Couldn’t get out of Pocono fast enough after five days at the track.
About the author
The Frontstretch Staff is made up of a group of talented men and women spread out all over the United States and Canada. Residing in 15 states throughout the country, plus Ontario, and widely ranging in age, the staff showcases a wide variety of diverse opinions that will keep you coming back for more week in and week out.
A daily email update (Monday through Friday) providing racing news, commentary, features, and information from Frontstretch.com
We hate spam. Your email address will not be sold or shared with anyone else.