This Top 10, of course, is in honor of this week’s race, held at the one racetrack with two nicknames that stick for fans throughout NASCAR Nation: The Lady in Black and The Track Too Tough to Tame (Darlington).
10. Pocono: Because We Can’t Count to Four.
9. Sears Point: No Whiners, Just Wine.
8. Charlotte: Bruton … or Humpy … Will Leave The Lights On For You. We’re not quite sure.
7. Homestead: Who Needs the Lady in Black? We’ve Got Old Guys in Speedos!
6. Las Vegas: What Crashes in Vegas, Stays in Vegas.
5. Indianapolis: Come Pray in Somebody Else’s Church!
4. Martinsville: We’re More Than Just Hot Dogs.
3. Daytona: Hol(e)y Racetrack, Batman! It’s Explosive!
2. Talladega: More Banged Up Racecars for Your Buck! (A Tony Stewart favorite.)
1. Fontana: The Track Too Boring to Bother.
About the author
The Frontstretch Staff is made up of a group of talented men and women spread out all over the United States and Canada. Residing in 15 states throughout the country, plus Ontario, and widely ranging in age, the staff showcases a wide variety of diverse opinions that will keep you coming back for more week in and week out.
A daily email update (Monday through Friday) providing racing news, commentary, features, and information from Frontstretch.com
We hate spam. Your email address will not be sold or shared with anyone else.