Author’s note: Sprint is really going out on a limb and giving away 150 pairs of tickets to the All-Star Race, IF you recycle an old cellphone at one of two locations. (Me thinks that 300 extra people ain’t gonna fill the stands.) According to Sprint, “Recycling just one wireless phone helps support the conservation of resources, reduces greenhouse gas emissions and helps prevent air and water pollution.”
Note: Interested in participating? The offer is good for the first 50 people at NASCAR Rev’d Up and the first 100 people at the Sprint Pit Crew Challenge who recycle a device at the Sprint display located on-site at both events. Rev’d up is in Charlotte today (Wednesday, May 18) while the Sprint Pit Crew Challenge takes place tomorrow. And now, on to the humor.
10. Reduces those long annoying lines at the landfill of people trying to get rid of their old phone.
9. If you trade it for paper tickets, it helps get rid of flatulent trees.
8. One less person on a frickin’ cellphone while at the wheel of their land barge SUV will probably save the lives of three motorcyclists, thus reducing the emissions of rescue/cleanup vehicles.
7. It’s a little known fact that old cellphones (and their instruction booklets) take up 95% of the kitchen “junk drawer” in the average American home.
6. Recycling will keep you from looking for it when you latest and greatest POS phone breaks down.
5. Prevents air pollution by having to listen to one less douchebag talking too loudly on their phone in public.
4. One less idiot posting some grainy video on YouTube.
3. Gets rid of old girlfriends’ telephone numbers, thus saving countless marriages. (Ditto the pictures!)
2. Could have prevented us all from hearing about Brett Favre’s “junk.”
1. One less chance to drop the dang thing in the toilet, reducing the flatulence of some Chinese peasant’s water buffalo as he/she tries to produce enough rice so Western “round eyes” can dry out their phones!
About the author
The Frontstretch Staff is made up of a group of talented men and women spread out all over the United States and Canada. Residing in 15 states throughout the country, plus Ontario, and widely ranging in age, the staff showcases a wide variety of diverse opinions that will keep you coming back for more week in and week out.
A daily email update (Monday through Friday) providing racing news, commentary, features, and information from Frontstretch.com
We hate spam. Your email address will not be sold or shared with anyone else.