10. $450 for new shorts and driver’s suit, submitted by Michael McDowell. (Uniforms and Work Clothes)
9. $1,500 for the complete set of Deep Thoughts works by Jack Handey, submitted by Brian France. (Work-Related Educational Expenses)
8. $750 for resumes from FedEx/Kinko’s, submitted by Jeremy Mayfield. (Moving Expenses)
7. $5,000 submitted by Chip Ganassi for several copies of Rosetta Stone; Espanol (Latin America) for his entire staff. (Work-Related Educational Expenses)
6. $1 million, submitted by Rosetta Stone, for Research and Development into a teaching guide for future employers of Ward Burton. (Rumored to be called “Burtonese”)
5. $79.95 for the deluxe Trackpass package, submitted by Carl Edwards‘s suspended crew chief, Bob Osborne, so he can work from home. (Unreimbursed Employee Expense)
4. $50 to $250 (depending on the “tat”) by thousands of Dale Earnhardt Jr. fans to artfully add another “8” to existing tattoos. (Medical Expenses)
3. $50,000, described as “donations” to members of the National Stock Car Racing Commission, submitted by Robby Gordon. (Charitable Contributions and/or Legal Expenses)
2. Various amounts, depending on the price of a bus pass in whichever city they happen to live in, submitted by Ward Burton, Shane Hmiel, Kevin Grubb, Ricky Craven, et al. (Local Transportation)
1. $2,500 to the Richard Petty Driving Experience, submitted by Kyle Petty. (Work-related Educational Expenses)
About the author
The Frontstretch Staff is made up of a group of talented men and women spread out all over the United States and Canada. Residing in 15 states throughout the country, plus Ontario, and widely ranging in age, the staff showcases a wide variety of diverse opinions that will keep you coming back for more week in and week out.
A daily email update (Monday through Friday) providing racing news, commentary, features, and information from Frontstretch.com
We hate spam. Your email address will not be sold or shared with anyone else.