Thursday , September 18 2014
Home / Author Archives: Admin (page 57)

Author Archives: Admin

Brickyard 400 – Grand Marshall

Tyler Hansbrough, the former player of the year and national champion at North Carolina, and latest member of the Indiana Pacers, is going to be the grand marshall for the 16th running of the Brickyard 400. It is an unfamiliar place for Hansbrough, but he is already being embraced by the Indianapolis family. Read More »

Brickyard 400 qualifying

After a long, soggy morning, the cars finally took to the track for qualifying at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway at 2:00. Sam Hornish was the first car on the track with green conditions after heavy rain overnight and occasional showers during the morning cleaned off the rubber that had been laid down yesterday. Hornish set the initial bar at 50.166 seconds with a speed of 179.404 miles per hour. Read More »

Brickyard 400 – Second practice

Carl Edwards was the first car on the track for the second practice session. The majority of the teams queried stated they were going to work on qualifying runs during this session. Greg Biffle did admit that his last run during the first session was a qualifying run and that was reflected by him posting the fastest time of the session. Local weather forecasters are predicting a 40% chance of scattered showers tomorrow during the time qualifying is scheduled. The teams are still taking the time to work on their qualifying setup in anticipation of the 60% chance of no rain. Read More »

4th Circuit Court of Appeals Rules in Favor of NASCAR

The 4th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals today ruled in favor of NASCAR in the case against Jeremy Mayfield on Friday. The courts decision reinstates the suspension of Mayfield pending a full hearing of the case. NASCAR issued the following statement in regards to the decision: “We are pleased with the 4th Circuit Court’s ruling to reinstate NASCAR’s suspension of Jeremy Mayfield. This is an important decision for NASCAR to make fair and equitable regulations for the safety of competitors ... Read More »

Tracking the Trucks : Built Ford Tough 225

Tracking the Trucks : Built Ford Tough 225

*In a Nutshell:* Ron Hornaday, Jr. took the checkered flag 0.135 seconds ahead of Mike Skinner to win the Built Ford Tough 225 Saturday night at Kentucky Speedway. Hornaday, Jr. held off a hard charging Skinner long enough to score his third consecutive and fourth win of the season. Matt Crafton, Timothy Peters, and Aric Almirola rounded out the Top 5. *Who Should Have Won: Tayler Malsam.* Malsam started eighth and had a very fast truck, powering to the lead for the first time in his career on lap 47 after pit strategy helped him restart third. Read More »

Tracking the Trucks: MemphisTravel.com 200

Tracking the Trucks: MemphisTravel.com 200

*In a Nutshell:* Ron Hornaday, Jr. took the checkered flag 0.653 seconds ahead of Brian Scott to win the MemphisTravel.com 200 Saturday afternoon at Memphis Motorsports Park. Hornaday maintained the lead during a green-white-checkered finish after Tayler Malsam and Dennis Setzer brought out the caution with five laps to go. David Starr, Aric Almirola, and Matt Crafton rounded out the Top 5. *Who Should Have Won: Ron Hornaday, Jr.* For the second week in a row Hornaday, Jr. had the strongest truck on the track and backed it up by scoring his fourth win of the season. Read More »

Tracking the Trucks : Copart 200

Tracking the Trucks : Copart 200

*In a Nutshell:* Ron Hornaday, Jr. took the checkered flag 1.039 seconds ahead of Dennis Setzer to win the rain delayed Copart 200 Saturday afternoon at the Milwaukee Mile. Hornaday held onto the lead on the final restart with just eight laps remaining to score his 41st career victory. Brian Scott, Todd Bodine and James Buescher rounded out the top 5. Read More »

Tracking the Trucks: Michigan 200

Tracking the Trucks: Michigan 200

*In a Nutshell:* Colin Braun took the checkered flag 1.790 seconds ahead of Kyle Busch to win the Michigan 200 Saturday afternoon at Michigan International Speedway. Braun led less than half the laps Kyle Busch did, but he led the most important ones on his way to his first career Truck Series win. Brian Ickler, Matt Crafton, and Mike Skinner rounded out the Top 5. *Who Should Have Won: Kyle Busch.* Busch started fourth and made it known early in the running of the Michigan 200 that he had a fast truck. His pit crew got him off of pit road first under a lap 9 caution, and Busch went on to lead 62 of the 100 laps run Saturday afternoon. Read More »